For parents visiting Chicago, MoniCare provides professional, fully screened hotel babysitters. Our on-call hotel babysitters can be booked for one or several days, and are available 7 days and 24 hours per week on a full-time or part-time basis.
Hotel babysitter’s hourly salary is $14-$20 per hour. Overnight hotel babysitter’s salary is $100-$150 (if an assignment starts before 8pm or ends after 8am, the hourly rate is added to the charge). 24-hour babysitter’s salary is $140-$180 (if an assignment goes over 24 hours, the hourly rate is added). Babysitter’s salary depends on the childcare provider’s level of experience and the number and ages of children. Rate is determined at time of booking.
Agency Booking Fee:
$40 per day
- A minimum of 4 consecutive work hours are required for one booking
- Non-refundable agency booking fee covers selection and scheduling of a Hotel Babysitter
- Additional $10 fee for requests with less than 36-hour notice
- Hotel Babysitter’s salary is separate from the Agency Booking Fee
- Client is responsible for covering babysitter’s parking costs at the hotel garage
Hotel Babysitter Booking Instructions:
1. Application: Register by filling out our online Client Application. We need all information about your family to recommend the right childcare provider. We will contact you within 4 business hours to review your application. It needs to be filled out once only.
2. Agreement: Read and sign our online Client Agreement, before arriving to the hotel. It includes all terms and conditions. It needs to be signed once only.
3. New Work Order: Email or call us. Each assignment has a 4-hour minimum. We prefer a 36-hour notice and require a minimum 6-hour notice. All babysitter bookings are subject to the availability of our short-term childcare providers.
4. Booking: Upon booking your babysitter, we will email a confirmation and charge a non-refundable agency booking fee to your credit card. An additional $10 fee applies to requests submitted with less than 36-hour notice. We fulfill requests Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm.
5. Babysitter: We introduce you to the arranged babysitter and provide you with her phone number. We recommend that you contact the babysitter prior to the assignment. The babysitter will arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time so you can provide any information or special instructions.
6. Payment: You pay the on-call babysitter directly at the end of the service. 4-hour minimum payment is required in case you used babysitter service less than 4 hours.
7. Cancellations: Cancellations must be made through the agency with a 36-hour notice, or by 4:00pm on Friday for a Saturday, Sunday or Monday assignment. Otherwise, you will be charged the equivalent of 4 hours of service, payable to the assigned hotel babysitter.
8. Rule: All scheduling must be done through the agency only. Clients may not contact babysitters to initiate work requests.