For details, please call Grace Gall 224-822-0230, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (include a JOB# in your email and have it ready when you call us). Job interviews will be set immediately for qualified candidates.
FULL-TIME HOUSEHOLD MANAGER needed in HINSDALE, IL 60521
The House Manager will ensure that the household operates smoothly and anticipates the needs of the Partner and the family by providing hands-on service in several areas. This person is experienced, professional, organized, and detail oriented. The family has a parent and 4 children aged 9-16 years old. This position will also supervise the housekeeping service and work closely with outside vendors to ensure that all needs are met.
The House Manager requires high attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work on a variety of unique tasks. This role is collaborative, assertive, proactive, resourceful, a self-starter, service focused, kind, professional, respectful, and capable of maintaining discretion. The candidate should have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, be able to use complete discretion regarding the interests of the Partner and the family and understand their need for total confidentiality. They will also have an excellent understanding of the personal nature of this type of position and will approach it with the utmost respect.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
General Household Duties
- Management and organization of household supplies and grocery shopping for the Partner and family.
- Maintain file systems for household operations, including such items as warranty manuals and household equipment.
- Maintain a comprehensive household manual, setting priorities for tasks, and scheduling maintenance needs on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Understand the operation, repairs, maintenance warranties and routine maintenance checks required for the following systems: security, electric, HVAC, plumbing, audio/visual and appliances. Suggest improvements that can be made to systems to ensure seamless operations.
- Understand and help manage household computers, phones, network, entertainment, and security systems.
- Handle miscellaneous errands related to the households.
- Arrange, schedule, and oversee major household projects to be completed while the Partner and the family is away from the residence.
- Coordinate and be present for scheduled maintenance and deliveries, as needed.
- Manage household purchases and receipts.
- Complete light housekeeping, laundry, and dry-cleaning weekly.(They have a Laundress)
- Care for pets including driving to groomer and walking, if needed. (They have a dog-walker)
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and care of vehicles.
- Very occasional childcare supervision needs during the day
- Packing and unpacking for Partner and family before and after travel.
- Participate in at least weekly meetings with Partner.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while interacting with guests and others in the home.
- Oversee the completion of seasonal decorating for holidays.
- Shop for holiday and birthday gifts and handle any returns.
- Coordinate with Partner regarding special event and party planning.
- Manage and execute special projects, such as organizing onsite and offsite storage units.
Financial Management and Family Office Integration
- Handle household bills and administrative duties collaboratively working with the Family Office for payment.
- Review monthly purchases, reconcile statements, and provide receipts for purchases on household credit card purchases prior to submitting them to the Partner for review and Family Office for payment.
- Photograph household and collection items and create inventories for insurance purposes, arranging for appraisals as needed.
- Collaborate with Personal Assistants, other House Managers, and Family Office to coordinate projects or topics that involve both home and the office.
Qualifications and characteristics
•At least 3-5 years of prior experience in a similar position
•Knowledge of smart home technologies and home mechanical systems
•Computer savvy with both PC and Apple devices with skills in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
•Understanding and comfortable using Trello and Zoom.
•Comfortable with dogs
•Courteous, discrete, honest, reliable, and responsible
•Demonstration of highest level of integrity and confidentiality in all matters
•Must be a team player and not afraid to “roll up sleeves” and help with cleaning, straightening, or other tasks
•Able to communicate effectively, prioritize activities and work well under deadline
•Hard working and detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
•Able to work in a fast-paced environment
•A valid driver’s license, clean driving record and dependable transportation
•Physically active and able to lift and move moderately heavy items as required
•Ability to respond to critical household related situations outside regular working hours
•Background and reference checks required with an employment offer
•As this employee will be asked to handle finances and credit as part of this job, each qualified candidate will be asked to authorize a credit review, in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The results of this review, which will be conducted at the employer’s expense, will have a bearing in the final selection process.
*Flexibility with schedule may be needed on occasion
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary: $70,000--$90,000 per year (based on experience)
Benefits: The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental insurance, paid-time-off (vacation, holidays and sick days) (at least 5 days be taken during the summer), and 401(k)
*Candidate must be an experienced driver and can use family vehicle for driving